Blackpool Airport welcomes all general aviation traffic.
Situated on the Fylde Coast, Blackpool was one of the first aviation sites in the UK, with a history dating back to 1909. With all the attractions of Blackpool including the Blackpool Tower, Illuminations, Promenade, Zoo and Pleasure Beach on it's doorstep, and just a short flight away from the beautiful scenery of the Lake District, its a fantastic place to visit.
This is a new and exciting era for the airport, with all the following operations:
- Bond Offshore helicopters (Eurocopter AS365 Dauphins) from here to the oil and gas platforms in the Liverpool and Morecambe Bays.
- The North West Air Ambulance
- A variety of fixed wing and helicopter flying schools
- Handling agents, Executive private jets and bespoke aviation solutions from Pool Aviation
- Handling agents, J Max Air services
- Various fixed wing and rotary maintenance organisations
We can offer circuits, instrument training, night flying, aircraft parking, refuelling and have a new lounge and flight briefing facility.
We hope to see you soon!